Pages

September 1, 2010

Holy Cow Ya'll - A New Post!

Well whatda-you know, I'm actually posting on a WEDNESDAY as originally scheduled/planned/guestimated to do roughly a month ago!! Woo-hoo! FINALLY, right? 

I know.

Bad girl. 

Bad, bad girl am I. 

It's not like I couldn't post because I was at a huge unveiling of my blog being spotlighted on that fabulous blog, the punk rock mom (you really, really, REALLY should check it out). Too bad I left my camera at home and wasn't able to take pictures of all the glittering celebrities that stopped by our after party. 

Okay, I made that last part up, but you REALLY should check out the punk rock mom's blog - she's totally rockin' and awesome and I'm so full of blog-love for her because she asked a question I could answer ('cause I'm smart like that) and thanks to her, I've now had my very own first "spotlight" done on my blog. So, that answers THAT "why" question (in case you missed it, here it is: Why was MomtheBomb's blog, bless your heart ya'll, in the spotlight on the punk rock mom's blog? 'Cause I somehow psychically knew she was going to be visiting Mt. St. Helens ya'll, that's why. Did I mention I sometimes have psychotic psychic episodes? Yeah, it's totally true. 

Okay, so I'm not sometimes psychotic psychic, but wouldn't it be fun if I were? I could totally head off any problems like rabid groundhogs or those Gawd-awful attacking flying cockroaches (seriously, they really do attack...they aren't simply blindly flying and happen to land on me like KingDaddy says they do, they ATTACK me ya'll). 

Well, that's enough about all that. Know what I want to talk about? My new online BFF/stalker buddy, Sofia over at from PDX with Love. Ya'll, she is SOOOOOOOOO KEWL, so that answers the question, "Uh, why  are you stalking this poor woman?" 'Cause she's KEWL ya'll! You should stalk her too - you won't regret it! (You can thank me later when your server crashes from all the traffic I'm sending your way Sofia! *wink, wink). 

I guess I need to get on with my "Why's" for the week. Well, for the past two weeks. *ahem*

**** Why can't my aliens behave when I need them to behave the most? Why must they be perfect little angels when there is a sub taking care of them and little hellions not-so-darlin' darlin's when they're with me? Could this be another part of their plot to take over the world one teacher at a time by pushing my sanity over the edge, thereby leaving my brain an empty vessel, a clean slate if you will, for them to fill with whatever 8 year old aliens might want to focus on at any particular moment? 

**** Why does my son INSIST on W-H-I-N-I-N-G for his sippy cup of sweet tea when he could just as easily say, "Tea, Mamma?" And yes, I proudly serve my young'un sweet tea - slap me silly and call me Scarlett, but this is the South ya'll, and we Southerners LOVE our sweet tea. You can just put down that phone you're holdin' 'cause calling Children's Services on us ain't gonna do any good - unless there's alcohol in that sweet tea (and no way hozay would I do that - I may take a nip myself, but none for the babes, my friend). 

**** Why do Huggies diapers have those little Box Tops labels to cut out on their regular daytime diapers, but not on the uber-expensive night-time diapers? What gives "Huggies? Why aren't they on both?

**** Why did my father-in-law buy a brand new truck with every bell and whistle known to man ya'll, including the SYNC thingy, a USB port, heated seats, and pedals and seats that SET THEMSELVES when you put the key in (no lie ya'll) when he can barely operate a standard cell phone (a plain jane one without all the TV, the bluetooth, the camera, the Internet browser, etc.)?

**** Why does my family insist on ignoring me (for the most part) EXCEPT when I'm on the phone? What's up with that? It's like some sort of weird radar that goes off, "Oooh!! She's on the phone!! She's on the PHONE!!! Let's go talk/whine/cry/scream to/near/at her!!"

****Oh, wait, another "why" related to the one above: Why does my entire family steer clear of me (for the most part) except when I'm in our mouse-hole-sized kitchen trying to fix dinner? I mean, even the dog gets in on the act, standing RIGHT UNDER MY FEET AT EVERY TURN. Poor dog - he's so old that he can barely, BARELY see and he's as deaf as a doorknob, or bedpost, or whatever that saying is. He's deaf, end of story, so hollering at him doesn't do any good...which leads to my next question...

**** Why do I holler at my dog, either to get out of the way or to "come here Sweetie," when I know full-well that poor thing can't hear a rabid groundhog attacking his sister dogs, Sissy and Lu-Lu (no lie ya'll, we think a really mean groundhog got into a fight with the girls, but that's another story for another day)?

Well, I really should be getting to bed. I've been MIA on Facebook, Twitter, and of course, here. Just struggling with a few personal issues ya'll - nothin' I can't handle, but you know how it is...sometimes life just swallows you right up and it takes you a moment or two (or a week or two) to get your bearings back in order. Just do me a favor and include me in your little prayers or yoga mantras or whatever it is that floats your boat...and I'll be back soon with more incredible musings and ideas. Okay. Whatever. I'll be back to chat soon. ;) 

Ta-Ta for Now! Big Smooch to ya'll! 
blog

9 comments:

Sofia said...

I hate cockroaches as much as I dislike slugs! Yucks!! And the flying ones do attack! I am with you on that one!! I remember when I was younger my older sister and I tried to kill one with one of my skates. I have no clue why we chose my skates as the weapon, but you could see them flying from one side of the house to the other! Hehehe, until our parents got home and we got in trouble for throwing stuff around...hehehe

Oh YOU ARE AWESOME my little stalker buddy!! We should stalk each other in person some day...and then take photos of the stalkerness and then be BFFs and...eat cupcakes! (No clue what's with the cupcakes...I think my subconscious is hungry!)

Ok, I am writing this comment as I am reading your post. My multitasking skills are oh so kewl! Hehehe...

My aliens are just like yours! They behave great when I am not around, the moment they see me hell breaks loose! The either start crying cause they want me to hold them or they start hitting each other...man, and they are only 2 years old and 9 months old...can't wait for the teen years...

I don't like talking on the phone. But the exact same thing happens when I am writing something on the computer or I have to do something really important! But when I have nothing to do I am completely ignored. Applies to my hubs too...

Oh, you are the awesomest! Is that even a word?

Ok gotta go. I hope the slug (which is now crossing my patio -even the dog ignores that thing) crawls away and never comes back. I could try the beer trick you suggested...but what if my dog, Scratch, drinks it and gets drunk? That'd be funny though...hehehe

Ok luv...gotta go sleep before I drool all over my keyboard!

Night night! And don't go MIA! I missed your fun posts! (Today's really made me smile and I really needed it). And will keep me in my prayers ;)

<3 Sofia
From PDX with Love

Sofia said...

I'M BACK!! This time I am giving you an award, looky: http://frompdxwithlove.com/2310/sofia/the-cherry-on-top-award/2010/

Tons of Love,
Sofia

Sandy said...

I am reading your blog for the first time (saw you on mine and glad we connected) and I am just cracking up laughing. I love the way you write!!
Hope you join the Toby and Max Jewelry family on FB.

Do you know what my favorite Scarlett line is??? (which I seem to be using more and more) "Tomorrow is another day", ha.
xoxo Sandy Comstock
www.TobyandMaxJewelry.blogspot.com

Juliana RW said...

Hi Malin,

Thanks For you kindly words on my blog :D And thanks for your time to vote my photo, don't forget to click the link that you get from National Geographic later after you enter you email address.

I am following you at GOogle Reader as well.

Anonymous said...

First time here, great post, will be back. Don't often threaten bloggers like that, but I will.

AV

Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower! I found you on the Fence! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!

GST Impact Analysis said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

Cooper Vision Proclear said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

buy contact lenses online said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.